If you are worried about Coronavirus (COVID-19) and what it might mean for you and any ongoing matters that you have with us, we want to reassure you that we are here to help. In Read more...
If you are worried about Coronavirus (COVID-19) and what it might mean for you and any ongoing matters that you have with us, we want to reassure you that we are here to help.
In order to minimise any disruption to the way that we work with you, we have the following measures in place:
- We are open for business – For the time being our office in Farringdon remains open, although some fee earners who are concerned about travel are working from home. Our management team has been in contact with the Public Health England’s (PHE) Local Health Protection Team to seek their advice on any actions or precautions to be taken should someone in the office fall ill with the identified symptoms. We are continuing to follow their advice and that of the Government and will obviously be guided by them going forward.
- No interruption to your matters – We have a tried and tested agile smart working policy that has been in operation at the firm for nearly 12 months, and most of our fee earners work remotely for at least one day a week. In this way, fee earners are able to access all of the firm’s systems as if they were still in the office. As such, we have everything in place should people be required to work from home for a more prolonged period of time.
- Communication through various channels – Where necessary, our meetings are taking place via Skype, WhatsApp video calling or simply a conference call. All phone lines will operate as normal. You will be able to get in touch with your frequent contacts here and we are available to continue to assist you.
- International travel – The majority of our staff have now cancelled any up and coming travel plans, at their discretion, regardless of whether there is an outbreak of the virus at their intended destination.
- Networking events or otherwise – Considering the Prime Minister’s announcement on Thursday 12 March that many large public events will been postponed, we have chosen to postpone all of our hosted client events until a later date in the year. We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of our staff and clients irrespective of our wish to continue to engage with you, so while this has not been an easy decision, we feel it is the right one in the current environment.
We are closely following and adhering to the sanctions and guidelines communicated by Public Health England and W.H.O. in relation to COVD-19 and are taking the necessary steps to ensure the health and wellbeing of our staff and clients alike. If additional protocols or changes in the way we conduct business become necessary, we will implement them immediately.
Understandably these are testing times. However, we will do everything within our power to continue to service the needs of our clients so as to ensure as little disruption as possible to your matters and your business. If you would like to discuss then please get in touch with your contact at the firm so that we can talk you through the practicalities.
In spite of everything, we are committed to providing you with the best service that you can rely on.
Lawrence Stephens Solicitors