At Lawrence Stephens, we take our responsibility to the community seriously.
We are committed to being a responsible business and to ensure that we operate in a socially conscious and an environmentally sustainable manner. As such, Corporate Social Responsibility is at the forefront of our thinking and our everyday working practices.
We focus on our core values, namely:
- Having a positive impact in the community
- Being environmentally sustainable
- Promoting diversity
At the start of this year, we asked everyone in the firm to nominate a charity as part of the selection process for our chosen charity of the year. To encourage participation across the firm, and to ensure maximum support for our chosen charity, we put all the nominated charities to a firm-wide vote. We were delighted to announce Children with Cancer UK as our chosen charity of the year. Over the course of the year, the firm will undertake various events to raise money for our chosen cause and to promote the work of Children with Cancer UK.
Children with Cancer UK is the leading national children’s charity dedicated to the fight against childhood cancer. Over 4,000 children and young people develop cancer every year in the UK which is more than 10 per day. The charity funds life-saving research into the causes, prevention and treatment of childhood cancer. It also funds innovative welfare projects to provide better care for young cancer patients and their families. In addition, the charity campaigns to raise awareness of childhood cancer to protect more children and improve the lives of young cancer patients, today and for future generations.
For more information, please visit childrenwithcancer.org.uk
In addition, here at Lawrence Stephens, we believe in offering opportunities to all in order to gain access to the legal profession. In 2018, we took part in the Government-backed Apprenticeship Scheme which enables those aged between 16 and 19 to gain valuable, paid work whilst they complete an NVQ in Business Administration.
Our environmental strategy recognises the impact our business has on the environment and we are committed to encouraging our staff and, wherever possible, our clients to minimise the impact of our activities on the environment.
The key practices we adopt in implementing this strategy include:
- Minimising waste by evaluating our day-to-day operations to ensure they are as efficient and environmentally friendly as practicable
- Maintaining ‘paperless’ files where suitable to do so
- Recycling waste paper and cardboard
- Recycling toner and printer cartridges
- Sourcing and promoting product ranges that have a reduced environmental impact from both production and distribution
Lawrence Stephens is committed to promoting diversity. We have a robust diversity policy and all members of the firm undertake annual Equality & Diversity training to ensure that our principles are understood and endorsed.
In order to maintain and ensure diversity:
- We recruit from the widest possible talent pool
- We communicate and practice, internally and externally, the principles of the diversity policy that we have developed
- We monitor diversity levels.