Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within two days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our client care partner, Lawrence Kelly who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
- Lawrence will then aim to respond in writing to your claim within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter. If Lawrence is away from the office, this period may be extended.
- If you are not satisfied with our response and decision, you can refer your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ about your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of the date of our final decision on your complaint but for further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or at https://www.legalombudsman.org.uk
- The Solicitors Regulation Authority has a separate complaints procedure and investigates allegations that a solicitor has breached the SRA Principles. Details of how to complain to the SRA and a Report Form you may wish to use can be found here: https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems/report-solicitor/
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
Lawrence Stephens Limited is authorised and regulated by The Solicitors Regulation Authority SRA number: 806802