In this legal insight, Partner Danny Schwarz seeks to provide clarity on practical issues that building occupiers and owners have experienced, by addressing some of the most frequently asked questions he and his team have Read more…
"I suppose I've created an atmosphere where I'm a friend first, a lawyer second. Probably an entertainer third."
Areas of Expertise
- Commercial Real Estate
- Property Investment & Management
- Landlord & Tenant
- Airspace Leases
- Covid Clauses
Danny qualified in 1998 and joined Lawrence Stephens in 2006, having previously worked in the Property department of a leading City firm. He was made a Partner in 2008.
Danny deals with all aspects of commercial and residential property investment, acquisitions and disposals, development, Landlord & Tenant work and property management.
He also works closely with the firm’s Corporate department on the property aspects of transactions.
The only BAFTA nominated partner within the firm, Danny took the scenic route to law. Following a stint in the army and a degree in Film & Television at Tel Aviv University, he moved to the UK and worked in the film industry before qualifying as a solicitor.
Danny has three daughters and a son and lists his interests as music, art, theatre and motorbikes despite recently hanging up his helmet.
- Acting for a developer on the acquisition of commercial premises, redevelopment to 25 residential flats and sale of leases.
- Acting for a retailer in the acquisition and disposal of retail properties comprising a current portfolio of over 40 shops.
- Acting for several pub groups, clubs and restaurateurs on the acquisitions and sales of high value prime location properties.
- Acting for a property investment fund on refinance of mixed use portfolio in the value of £25m.
- Acting for freeholders of a block of flats in St Johns Wood in relation to the grant of a lease of airspace to a developer and construction agreement for the construction of two penthouse apartments on the roof of the building.