I partner with clients, get to the root of the dispute and resolve it as quickly and painlessly as possible.
Areas of Expertise
- Commercial Litigation
- Information Technology
- Corporate and Commercial Businesses
Having qualified in 1987 Geoff has worked as a partner in national, City and US firms for the last 25 years.
Geoff is routinely called upon by clients when faced with all manner of crises, ranging from, significant partnership and shareholder disputes, often with a sensitive family dimension, warranty and complex contractual claims, multi million pound IT and project disputes working with large teams with management challenges as well as land, property and developer claims, planning disputes and trust litigation. Geoff is highly regarded by his peers and clients, which span large corporate institutions, property and construction companies and individuals. Notably, Geoff has led a team on one of the longest trials in the Technology and Construction Court and advised a supplier on the largest healthcare project in the UK. He resolves all disputes using various forms of ADR including mediation.
Geoff is married with two sons and he lives in Harpenden. When not working he enjoys running and watching his sons play football and rugby.
Chambers notes that “Geoff Mendelsohn impresses clients with his ability to deal with difficult cases in a calm and competent way”
Appeared in the Legal 500 as a “genuine contentious heavyweight as demonstrated by his representation on high value disputes”.
- Advising a corporate client on a multi-million pound claim involving merged High Court and petition 994 proceedings with a settlement after the start of a five week part remote/part High Court trial.
- Following the division and settlement of a national network of petrol stations held in partnership and shares, advising clients on post settlement disputes.
- Advising a corporate client on a currency trading dispute and settlement during a remote mediation.
- Advising an executor of a family trust on the removal of the professional executor, appointment of a replacement and settlement of disputes between the beneficiaries.
- Advising property developer on contractual rights to escape across an adjacent building.