“I always strive to exceed rather than simply meet clients’ expectations, whilst looking to make the process as smooth as possible”.
Areas of Expertise
With over 20 years’ experience advising on corporate transactions, James prides himself on providing the same personable and conscientious level of service to a range of clients including entrepreneurs, management teams, SMEs, large private companies and PLCs.
His expertise also extends to managing large corporate transactions in the real estate sector and advising not-for-profit bodies on constitutional matters. His clients operate in sectors including technology, manufacturing, healthcare and catering.
James advises on mergers and acquisitions, equity fundraisings, shareholders’ agreements and joint ventures, corporate re-organisations, director duties, corporate governance and matters of company law.
James has been a regular contributor of published articles including most recently in Elite Business magazine. He has also been ranked as a Recognised Practitioner for Corporate M&A Mid-Market (London) in Chambers and Partners.
James looks to develop strong relationships by combining good quality technical advice with clarity of explanation and (where possible) good humour to maintain perspective and make the process as smooth as possible for all involved. He is praised by clients for his personable nature, careful attention to detail, patience, responsiveness and commercial pragmatism.
James spends much of his spare time attending to the sporting needs of his three boys. When he is not watching one son play football, managing another of his son’s football teams or walking his dog, he will go for a run to escape them all. James is also a keen follower of his hometown club Leeds United.
- Advising a global services provider on M&A transactions including the corporate acquisition of catering company Fooditude Limited and the sale of their UK horticultural services division.
- Advising a registered care provider on its corporate acquisitions of Kingswood Care Services Limited and Blythson Limited, owning and operating care homes in the South East.
- Advising the management team of marketing services company MM-Eye Limited on their management buy-out of the business.
- Advising the individual sellers of a property management business to Pinnacle Group Limited.
- Advising a 3D printing company and its founders on the terms of the debt and equity investment made into the business by a third-party investor.