This month, Lawrence Stephens’ Partner Gregory Palos and Trainee Solicitor Alex Duncliffe-Vines contributed to the Association of Short Term Lenders (ASTL)‘s monthly newsletter. Their joint article takes a look at how to create a more efficient Read more…
"Personal service, attentiveness, quality of advice and a commercial approach - these are qualities I try to bring to every transaction."
- Secured Lending & Banking
- Property Finance
- Bridging Finance
- Property Portfolio Management
Gregory is a Partner and Head of the Real Estate Finance Department. He has over 30 years’ experience working for clients within the UK and internationally in the acquisition of property investments, development sites and owner occupier acquisitions and leases.
His Real Estate Finance Department represents Banks and other financial institutions in the regulated and non-regulated sectors. Both Gregory and his team have extensive experience in real estate, secured lending, bridging and property finance acting for a wide range of companies, developers and investors. Gregory also regularly acts for operators in the hotel and leisure sectors.
Highlights to date include acting on behalf of a bank in respect of a £30m facility to a renowned hospital charity, a £28m facility secured against 115 properties and acting for a borrower in respect of £30m senior debt facility.
Prior to joining Lawrence Stephens, Gregory ran his own practice in the West End of London, which eventually merged with Lawrence Stephens in 2004. He is married with three children, five grandchildren and lives in North London. His interests include cooking, fine wines, eating out with friends, country sports, golf and supporting Arsenal.
- Acting on behalf of a financial institution in respect of a facility of £20m to a national charity acquiring a mixed use property in W1 for £40m.
- Advising a property developer in connection with the acquisition of a mixed use block for £9.5m, assisting with the application for permitted development to convert 5 floors of offices into 35 apartments and with the application for planning permission for the construction of 5 duplex apartments on the top floor of the building, the extension of the retail element and the construction of 12 mews houses at the rear of the building.
- Acting on behalf of a Bank in respect of a £30m facility to a renowned hospital charity.
- Acting in the administration of a national fashion retailer with an estate of 250 retail units, disposing of 125 commercial units and assisting the Administrator in the disposal\/management of the remaining units.
- Acting in the acquisition and financing of the roof and airspace above a block of flats, the construction of 8 apartments and their off plan sale (with a GDV of £4.5m).