- "Building trust and confidence is essential, whether it’s with the client or the counterparty. Create this and the rest is plain sailing."
- 50 Farringdon Road
London EC1M 3HE
- Acting for a Middle Eastern bank in connection with their acquisition, financing and management of a 362 bed newly constructed student accommodation block in Durham for £40m.
- Acting for a UK property company on the disposal of a single let bonded warehouse in Avonmouth for £62m.
- Acting for an Irish family office on the disposal of a Central London office block, single let to an international law firm, for £75m.
- Acting for a UK importer of fresh food products in the letting of a newly constructed 100k+ sqft high tech warehousing facility at the deep water port, DP World.
- Acting for an international engineering company in the relocation of its UK headquarters and managing its portfolio of other operational UK sites.
Meet Nicholas Marshall
Nick has over 20 years of experience acting for international and domestic clients, helping them achieve their investment and operational targets, as well as managing the life cycle of their real estate portfolios. Regardless of how complex the matter at hand, Nick has the required skill sets to enable transactions to be navigated smoothly and efficiently. He is accessible and communication is always crystal clear.
Nick primarily acts for corporate occupiers, private investors, property companies, private equity houses and institutions, and has worked on deal portfolios that have earned him industry-wide recognition. Typical assets acquired are diverse: examples include out of town retail parks, office business parks and warehousing sites. To date, Nick’s notable transactions include that of a Canary Wharf skyscraper valued at £500m, as well as acquisitions, management and disposal of assets range from £10m to £200m+ in value.
A niche that Nick enjoys taking the lead on involves forward purchasing and putting in place or acquiring complex offshore holding structures. Nick regularly advises corporates on the relocation of their office space and works with fledgling companies taking their first steps on to the real estate ladder through to global corporates acquiring their UK headquarters or expanding their UK presence.
As part of his practice, he aims to provide his clients with everything they need, before they know they need it, and certainly before they ask for it. He takes the time to get to know his clients, and they know that they can chat to him without a clock running every time. Above all, he’s approachable, adaptable and always available.
When he isn’t working, Nick pursues several outdoor pursuits. He has a passion for fly fishing and has sat on the committee of two separate fly fishing clubs for many years. He also enjoys skiing, clay pigeon shooting and mountain biking with his two sons. They never allow skill level to get in the way of an adrenaline-fuelled day out – as evidenced by scars, bruises, and trips to A&E!