Areas of Expertise
- Commercial Litigation
- Business Crime
- Extradition Work
Eddie has worked for solicitors in the City of London for over 40 years. Described by his clients as “the least lawyer-like lawyer” they’ve seen, his refreshing preference for plain-speaking and down-to-earth manner inspire trust.
Eddie’s particular strength is in resolving problems in an efficient, speedy and economical way. He has extensive experience in business crime, commercial litigation, Revenue matters and extradition work.
Eddie is a member of BASL and represents a number of sports people, primarily in football; both playing and management staff. He has acted on matters before the FA disciplinary panel and its appeal panel as well as extensive FA investigations.
He recently concluded major extradition case successfully after a 21-year battle arising from one of the largest civil litigation matters ever heard by the English Court, which has involved multi-jurisdictional claims.
He has obtained a multi-million-pound judgment for a major business figure establishing fraud and forgery by the defendant within the civil court. He has brought to the firm an excellent network of contacts together with a loyal client following, some of whom he has acted for in excess of 40 years.
When time allows for outside interests, Eddie enjoys watching football (this is in spite of being a Crystal Palace season ticket holder), motor sport and travel. Eddie has been married for over 40 years and has two grown up children and two wonderful grandchildren
- DW v TJ - Successful prosecution of claim for return of £500,000
- SA v MA - Successful application for husband dismissing wife's continuing maintenance claim
- FKJ v Gov't Spain - Undecided full application to European Court of Human Rights
- FKJ v SSHD - Contested Extradition 2000 - 2021
- JC v DW - Successful strike out of claim against client for £500,000
- MA v TJ £5m judgment secured having overcome jurisdictional challenge
- FA v X Successful dismissal of FA suspension after 2.5 years