Areas of Expertise
- Commercial Litigation
- Intellectual Property
- Contentious Probate
- HMRC Enquiries
- Criminal Investigations
Lawrence qualified in 1990 and, after partnership in a major West End firm of solicitors, formed Lawrence Stephens with Steven Bernstein and Stephen Messias in 1997.
Lawrence is a Solicitor-Advocate and is qualified to appear in all UK courts. He has a wide range of expertise in commercial litigation and dispute resolution including the following:
- Contractual and negligence disputes;
- Individual and corporate insolvency;
- Breach of directors’ duties and partnership disputes;
- Civil fraud and asset tracing/recovery;
- Intellectual property (including copyright, trademarks and passing off);
- Regulatory and compliance (including Financial Conduct Authority and Football Association);
- Spread betting/CFDs and other gambling disputes;
- Sports tribunal matters (including representing players and Registered Intermediaries (agents));
- Contentious probate;
- HMRC enquiries; and
- Criminal investigations, including fraud and private prosecutions.
Lawrence has acted as an accredited supervisor within the Legal Services Commission Specialist Fraud Panel and is a former member of the VHCC Appeals Panel.
Lawrence has two children and lives in London and Kent. His non-legal interests include cross-country skiing, hiking, sailing, cookery and art. He supports a North London football team whose heyday was in the 1960s and despite his advancing years, he has not yet seen them win the league.