On 1st December 2020, the Insolvency Act 1986 (HMRC Debts: Priority on Insolvency) Regulations came into force. Under the Regulations, HMRC will be a secondary preferential creditor in all insolvencies commenced on or after this Read more…
“I like to deliver advice that’s both commercial and pragmatic in its outlook, so getting to know you and your business is my number one priority.”
- Business Sales & Acquisitions
- Implemented Share Schemes
- Company Secretarial
- Internal Compliance Policies
Charlotte is a Corporate, Commercial and Banking solicitor at Lawrence Stephens. Charlotte expertly advises on a wide range of corporate and commercial matters, primarily acting for challenger banks and alternative lenders and clients in the fashion, retail, property and entertainment industries.
Charlotte has experience with commercial clients at every stage of the lifecycle of a business. From mind-mapping initial business ideas through to incorporation of a company and on to advising on the day-to-day management of a business. Charlotte has also assisted with sales and acquisitions of businesses, implemented share schemes including redemptions and buy-backs and has assisted with other types of reorganisation required as the life of a business evolves.
Charlotte has also been instrumental in the development of the firm’s banking and employment practices. Having acted on multi-million-pound transactions, and developed lasting relationships with banks and private lenders, Charlotte has a strong understanding of the sector. Alongside this, she drives firm-wide initiatives related to employment law, an area which affects a number of Charlotte’s commercial clients.
When she isn’t working, Charlotte enjoys cross-country runs and running marathons for charity, spending time with her husband and daughter, retail therapy, and catching up with friends. She’s interested in health and nutrition and is always trying out new recipes on friends.
- Acted for website-based businesses to develop internal compliance policies including terms and conditions and GDPR compliant privacy policies.
- Acted for a challenger bank providing a £5M revolving credit facility to multiple corporate borrowers including cross collateral security.
- Acted on behalf of Lendhub Limited on securing a £50M funding line from OakNorth Bank Plc.
- Acted on behalf of the owners of a cosmetics brand to expand its business by acquiring another cosmetics company.
- Assisted a private fund with multiple acquisitions in the procurement, corporate accommodation and dental sectors, and provided company secretarial support to maintain a portfolio of companies.